The Marketing Summer Intern performs a multi-faceted role within the Marketing/Investor Relations team. Their mission is to provide the highest quality support by working closely with the marketing and client services teams, supporting senior marketing professionals and effectively updating and distributing marketing collateral and key fund information. This role will support our Institutional client efforts. Analytical and organizational skills are key to success. The Intern should seek to advance specific product and strategy knowledge with assistance and guidance of senior marketing professionals to enable them to further improve upon marketing materials and dissemination of fund information.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in gathering responses to client/prospect inquiries – coordinate efforts across other internal departments including compliance, legal, risk management and client service group.
- Assist in creating and maintaining up-to-date, high quality presentation and training materials; provide support on all investor and external partner Firm communications including investor letters and exposure reports
- Participate in strategy update meetings with investment team, summarizing trades and performance attribution to distribute broadly to IR/Marketing team
- Assist in coordinating updates from marketing team regarding pipeline of inflows into funds
- Develop strong product, strategy and industry knowledge and demonstrate interest in the field through remaining up to date on portfolio and markets
- Draft call/meeting notes and distribute to IR/Marketing team and senior management and help to drive timely follow-up
- Assist in identifying process improvements for team and take charge of other ad-hoc projects. Provide support and leverage to senior marketing professionals on all fund-dedicated efforts.
- Assist in managing client database; provide research on investor profiles and organization background to sales marketers and portfolio managers in advance of calls and meetings
- Perform detailed industry analysis, identify trends and determine potential impact to business and strategies
- Provide research on investor profiles and organization background to marketers in advance of meetings
Desired Skills and Background:
- Previous work experience in financial services (preferably asset management, investment banking, capital markets, research) or relevant coursework
- Strong academic credentials
- Strong command of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Poise and professionalism to interact both internally with senior investment team member and externally with existing and prospective investors
- Strong work ethic and eager to learn in a highly intellectual, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm about developing and implementing ideas
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team; self-starter
- Well-organized and detail oriented – work is accurate and on a timely basis
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information appropriately
- Positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional detail–orientation; work product is accurate and completed on a timely basis.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous projects at once
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading independent, client-focused financial services firm providing advisory, asset management and energy securities research, underwriting and trading services to a broad, global client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The Advisory business advises clients on mergers, acquisitions, strategic and capital structure matters, financial restructuring and capital raising. The Asset Management business includes a suite of hedge fund strategies, private investment funds and outsourced CIO solutions. Together with its affiliates, the Asset Management business has capital commitments and managed assets of more than $13.4 billion. The Firm’s energy practice operates as Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co (http://www.tphco.com). This practice provides high quality advice and services to the energy industry as well as sales and trading, underwriting and research coverage on approximately 140 issuers worldwide. With approximately 640 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, Houston, London, Austin, Abu Dhabi, Denver, Dubai, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Calgary. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit http://www.pwpartners.com.